Thursday, September 23, 2010

Electro-Love

Ahhhhhh.  Is it possible to be in love with a dishwasher? After the last few weeks of handwashing every dish in the house, I have thankfully been replaced by a machine that happily does a better job than I do and swears a lot less while doing it.  I am now under the spell of "Electro-Loooove" and am seriously thinking about naming my new Electrolux dishwasher so I can refer to it ever so fondly when I tell my kids to load or unload it.

Of all the appliances in the world of luxury and ease, it is the dishwasher that I love the most.  As a self-confessed laundry avoider, it was weeks before I noticed my washer and dryer both went belly up.  And my microwave? When it quit working we barely skipped a beat-although we realized we forgot how to make popcorn the real way.  And our fridge? We just ate Ramen for a few days.  But when our dishwasher quit...it was tragic!

The alarming thing about appliances, one I learned the hard way,     is that the new ones are really only built to last about 7 years.  Yep.  S-E-V-E-N.  And, as my house is around nine years old now, most of the appliances in it have given up the ghost.  And of all the loses we've suffered thus far, the hardest to bid farewell to was, of course, was my dishwasher.  

At this point I should pause and give you A word of advise:     if your house is still sporting an appliance that came in a shade called "Harvest Gold" or "Avocado Green", hang on to it!  Treat it better than your children.  Guard and protect it with your life because it is quite possible that it could outlive you.  Which means it will take care of you long into your harvest-golden years. 

Unfortunately we had newer ones.  So far we've lost a dryer, a fridge, and TWO microwaves. A grotesque appliance hemorrhage.  Soon, my washing machine went ka-put I once again went appliance shopping. 

I found a fabulous washing machine that happened to be on sale.  Sweet deal aside, I  admittedly  bought it less because of the great price and sadly more because Kelly Ripa's their spokes-diva, and a teensy weensy part of me was hoping that if I owned one of "her" washing machines, there might be a chance my clothes would magically come out of the dryer and make me look like her.

Needless to say, that didn't work.  However, my clothes are amazingly clean and smell fabulous.  Though I'd prefer having her figure over great smelling clothes.

Then when my dishwasher decided not to wash dishes anymore I decided that maybe if I owned not one but TWO Electrolux appliances, it might double my chances of channeling her fit and fabulous figure.


It did not.  But my stemware is "perfectly clean" as advertized.  The sparkle of which I hope will distract dinner guests from the fact that I am not 5' 4" nor do I weigh only 95 lbs. or have flowing and fabulous blond hair.

I am then left to console myself on the fact that I'm not hand washing dishes anymore.

Here's hoping Electro-Love is blind.

2 comments:

  1. I have to confess, I was worried about what I might find in a blog entitled "electo-love". Guess I just have a dirty mind.

    I have an Electrolux washer and think it's nice but I'm a Bosch girl at heart.

    And re: your girl crush. Try getting a crush on somebody more realistic. 95 lbs! That's just abnormal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider this a click on the "like" button. You know, like if this were FB.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!