Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blinded by Pride

This past Sunday I found myself sitting on a church pew, sandwiched between Mark and a friend-both of whom had their readers perched proudly-boldly-and OLD-ly upon their noses.  When it came time for hymn singing, these two nice gentleman graciously held the book open for me to share.  The only problem was, I'm still waging my "fight aging to the death" campaign, which means I still refuse to wear my new readers in public.  This posed an even bigger problem-- it meant that they could both see and therefore they held the book up WAY TOO CLOSE for me to read!

So to cover my wretched aged-ness, I simply lied and said I was so overcome by "the spirit" I just couldn't utter a single note.  When in fact, what I was REALLY overcome by, was my decrepit vision.  I couldn't see a damn word on the page. 

Soon,  I realized that I'd both LIED and SWORE under my breath
IN A CHURCH.  Now I'm old AND a sinner.  Two very bad things.  So now I've got some serious repenting to do.  Which is fine, I suppose, as long as I don't have to do any public reading.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the vacuum cleaner when you need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Stace,

    I still love you.

    Warmest love and regards,
    Zach

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!