Monday, January 10, 2011

Love Notes

The two younger kids have been writing more love notes. They've got quite a History of Love Notes and you'd think by now they'd run out of creative ways to jot down an affectionate "I love you mom" but there seems to be no shortage of these little twilight tokens waiting for me on my pillow each night.

Chloe continues to pen more and more, shall I say, quite unique declarations of love.  She has apparently abandoned the hum-drum savoir-faire of a classic Shakespearian love expression and developed her own unconventional style.

Of late, Chloe's notes fall under six very unique love categories:

Bizarre:



(This one was written around Halloween, and now I wonder if we may have watched a few too many thriller movies with the kids.)


Random Bizarre Lists:
...and Koala Bears?



Subtle Complaints:

Subtle Requests:

Not so subtle Complant AND Request:
Luckily this complaint was aimed at the school for planning a field trip the day after school got back in from winter break.  
Apparently Miss Chloe would have scheduled it at a better time.


Funny:
And now it's clear that Chloe's loyalties for the Beavers
ended when they lost the playoffs.


And from time to time
Good Old-Fashioned True Love:


Connor, in stark contrast, sticks to the tried and true declarations, the kind that make you feel warm and fuzzy instead of confused and perplexed (but highly amused)--like Chloe's notes tend to do.

(one of Connor's favorite baseball pitchers)




The U.K.?  
That's real love right there, don't you think?

Awkward OR agreeable, you gotta love a love note.

3 comments:

  1. Bloody, loose molars, knives and toilets?! I'd sleep with pepper spray if I were you!

    But at least you're loved more than the UK! That IS pretty good!

    My favorite is the do-my-laundry one. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! This kind of stuff melts my Auntie heart! Thanks for the warm fuzzies!

    (PS. I love you more than toilet seats, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you more than my trailer on a cold, windy day at the dunes;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!