Friday, September 16, 2011

Creepy Hand

Mitchell may have left for college, but his stuff hasn't.  And although most of his stuff got packed up and stacked into a large pile of boxes in the corner of his room, he left behind two bizarre things that I'm not quite sure what to do with.

Take for instance this thingamajig:
Seriously, what it that? Okay, I know it's a wired marker taped to a test strip bottle but what the heck is it for? Dare I hook it up to a "C" battery and find out? I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try.

Then there's this:
Yes, you're seeing it right, it's a creepy hand.  Mitch got it as a "bonus" after doing some I.T. work over the summer for a medical company that makes braces for things like knees, backs, ankles, wrists, etc.  And along with one of his final paychecks, he was ever so thoughtfully awarded with a foam hand. 

The thing is really creepy.  So, as you can imagine, that has made it a prized possession around our house.

This thing has revolutionized our lives.  Here's just a few ways this remarkable gift is so darn handy:
  • A great way to safeguard your leftovers in the fridge.
  • Giving a gentle nudge to wake the kids in the morning.
  • Creepy bookmark.
  • Easy way to pet a MEAN cat without having to risk touching it and getting scratched.
  • Holds Chloe's nail polish while she paints her nails.
  • Giving your reach an extra stretch by using it to hand your change through a drive-thru window. 
The thing has provided so much entertainment that we're glad Mitchell left it behind.  And it just might come in handy  
if and when we decide to hook up that bizarre wired-up thingamajig to a battery.

2 comments:

  1. OH MAN! I'm laughing SO hard right now! So many great images - especially using it at the drive-thru! Next time we're in Ashland can I PLEASE come with you (and the hand) to the drive-thru?! My life won't be complete until that day! Meanwhile, hope the kids are enjoying the best alarm clock ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing at this one. I have a less realistic Halloween arm that I'm dying to use around the house when I get it out next month! I think it's too big for the fridge, otherwise I'd use your leftovers idea - that was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!