Saturday, July 11, 2009

Free Falling into Forty

So what do you do when you turn forty? Seriously, this is an important question. You can't just succumb to the supreme awfulness of turning that certain age you consider all old people! So my thought was to do something radical...but nothing so radical that would upset my parole officer and land me back in jail (okay just kidding there for all those folks who aren't sure if I wasn't). So plunging out of an airplane seemed like just the thing to do in my fight against old age!

Since I was resigned to my fate I began to form a master plan. I knew I'd be in Utah on the day when my personal mileage counter turned over to 4-0, which is conveniently where my sister Steph lives...yes, my scared, wimpy, easily frightened sister! A big evil smile spreads across my face at this thought. I didn't know if she would do it but I knew I'd be willing to pester her until she caved into the peer pressure...and besides, that's what I wanted for my birthday-for her to jump with me!

I got her talked into it and Steph spent a month freaking out about it but the day of the jump she seemed excited and ready to go...until she saw this sign! Cool enough, she had gotten so excited about actually jumping that nothing was going to stop her!








Here's a funny sign hanging near the counter. I particularly like RULE #9, seriously, if there were problems isn't there a point to which you would actually have nothing else to do but to give up?
Here's the three amigos. Steph, Me, and Kent Tucker. Kent is Steph's father-in-law. She talked him into jumping with us so that she wouldn't back out of her commitment!

Me and my dive buddy. Here we are violating each others personal space as we prepare to jump. Notice he politely looks askew as he tethers my strappy-straps and I help by looking yonder myself! My favorite part in the large bright orange danger label affixed to the BACK of my jacket. A place where I'm most unlikely to see it! Good thinking!
Here I am getting ready to jump, I was totally excited.

Here's me and Steph, I've got two thumbs up ready to go, she's got one thumb up and another cautiously down, and in the front of the photo is my other victim who looks a little too worried to unclinch his firmly affixed hands from his seat to give us any sort of hand gesture at all.. Jury is out on what is going on in Kent Tucker's head!


The leap for life! All smiles!













Look real close and you'll see our landing site. Yeah, were gonna try landing in that teesy weensy itty bitty green grassy patch right in front of the large metal hangers...wish us luck!



Here's Steph and I after the jump! It was soooo GREAT!! We were ready to do it again. Yes, that's Kent right under steph's arm in this photo, not so sure he was ready to go back up just then, he was taking care of a little "business". We now call him "The Puker"!

Here were are with our official graduate certificates! My sister is framing hers cause she really proud of her achievement. I told her to frame it next to her Disneyland Autotopia Driver's Licence cause it's probably just as "official"!
This was THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! Who's in for next year??

5 comments:

  1. WOW, when I turned 40, I went to the slick cart track with my girlfriends and then dinner and a movie and thought that was exciting! Good for you!!
    Ronni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how AWESOME!!! :) I want to that for while now. That and Bungee Jumping.
    I'm glad you had such a cool birthday!!!
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET!!!! I have been wanting to do this for a while, so if lil old mama can do it, then I have to do it, I'm half your age :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!