Thursday, July 29, 2010

The UnGuest-ly Guest Room

Whenever I visit my sister, my niece Cailey voluntarily gives up her cozy room so that I will have a nice place to sleep.  It is a kind gesture really, as the poor girl ends up sleeping on the couch.

I must admit though, she's made it awfully difficult for me to get a good nights rest in there.  It's not her bed; that's very comfortable.  It's not her cleanliness; her room's always in ship-shape.  The real problem is her decor.  Generally her room looks like your average cute teenage girls room BUT there is always a one misguided accoutrement each time I come to stay.  With every visit I'm always horrified to find one unsightly blemish decorating her room--one that seems to keep me up at night.

On one of my first visits, or should I say sleepless nights,  I found a    "Vote for Hilary Clinton" sign looming in her window.  How could I sleep with that in her bedroom?  One of us was gonna have to go.  About 5 minutes passed before I stuffed it between her mattress and box spring so I would not have to look at it.  Upon my departure, I refused to tell her where it was hidden so she spent a fair amount of time trying to recover it.  And when she did, I also discovered my niece had an imp-ish sense of humor as I found the sign folded up in a large envelope inside my mailbox upon my return home.  A very misguided but CLEVER little girl.

This last visit was the mother of all offenses.  I had to sleep with a huge laminated poster of Edward the Twilight vampire staring back at me.  It was all too much.  So I fixed the problem with a little paper, tape, and scissors...


And after that, I slept like a baby.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your posts...you always crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's Cailey. Just reading your blog post and laughing. My grandma Betty laminated my Jacob poster. Sleep tight don't let my Edward bite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laminated, really?! That IS bad.

    But methinks you doth protest too much on the Twilight issue! I seem to remember a photo of you attending the big Ashland premiere. Maybe you secretly fancy Edward. After all, hate is a strong emotion closely related to love! It's only indifference that says you really don't care! Hehee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!