Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Dunes


Mont Battles a witch's eye...and the witch won!
Connor catches big air!
Let's bury Chloe in the sand!

After a long hiatus we finally loaded up the quads and headed for the dunes over the Thanksgiving holiday. The usual suspects of the quad squad were there; Sharps, Guerras, Georges, and even Richard and his new bride Candice. Unfortunately Brandon and Michelle were MIA.

Thanksgiving morning found us firing up generators and lighting bunsen burners all in preparation for the big feast. By late afternoon we were dining under a warm, cozy, and slightly leaky shelter of a Sharps Tarps tent. Deep fried turkey, mash potatoes, pies, you name it, there was nothing missing and we ate it all. Later that evening Deanne hatched her master plan and beguiled me (stacy) to set my alarm for 5am so she could show me the thrilling American obsession called "Black Friday", something I had thus far avoided at all costs. Mark aired up the tires on the excursion so that bright and ungodly early the next morning we girls could shove the car in four-wheel drive and blast our way out of the sand to pavement and hit the sales! This shopping spree was an eye-opener, I'd never seen such a spectacle in my life! Anyone that knows me will have a hard time believing two things about this scary tale. One, that I got up at 5 in the morning, and two, that I went shopping! See how much I love Deanne!

The rest of the weekend was the best weather we've ever seen at the coast! We rode and rode and rode, a few of us crashed (that would be Mont and Morgan), and then we all rode some more. There's nothing like riding with your kids and friends, i-pod blasting, and eating sand all day (I'm still finding sand in my teeth from riding behind Joni!). Ahhhh! Life at the dunes; movies on the big screen at night, hanging out with great friends, and kids digging sand pits and burying each other. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!