Monday, June 11, 2012

You're Welcome...and I'm Sorry

No good deed goes unpunished.

The good deed being that I decided to do a little mowing for Mark while he was out of town.  This, by the way, is an epic and most generous thing for me to do.  One, because I never mow.
And two, because when I do mow, my allergies cause me to swell up like a puffer-fish which makes things like seeing and breathing near impossible.
But since Mark's been out of town a lot and the grass has been growing like crazy, I thought I'd surprise him by catching up on the mowing he'd have to do when he got back.  I started along the driveway so that when he arrived home he'd be greeted by mowed perfection.

Sounds nice right?  Unfortunately for Mark,  my vast inexperience with lawn mowing didn't turn out to be quite the generous and kind gesture I intended it to be.

To my credit, the driveway did look nice and perfect from his homecoming...

But on closer inspection you'll see a massive problem...
I mowed right over the irrigation lines for his trees!  Oops!

...see how I neatly stacked the shredded pipe?
I thought it might soften this eventual and traumatic discovery.

I'd like to blame the whole catastrophe on being swelled up and visually impaired, but that wasn't the case.  I was simply determined to avoid any required weed whacking-because that, I really don't do.   So I began mowing extra extra close to the fence. 

And now I know why Mark doesn't get extra extra close to the fence and uses the weed whacker in the tight spots--there's irrigation lines there and they don't take too kindly to a mower.  But it's a little late for that memo, the damage is done.

The bad news is that the look of wonder and surprise on Mark's face when he arrived home was most likely NOT because the driveway looked good. (Though he was kind and sweet enough to fain appreciation!)

However, the good news is that I'll probably get banned from the John Deere.  Which means my puffer-fish days are behind me.

You're welcome honey...and uhhhh, sorry!
 [sheepish grin]
 

1 comment:

  1. Stroke of genius getting banned from mowing. I'm already taking this as a valuable lesson to apply to hated chores in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!