Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Birthday Conundrum

Seriously, I'm totally confused by the odd collection of birthday bestowals I received today.

First, a card featuring my all-time favorite greeting card characters Hoops & Yoyo:
who sang a delightful birthday tune called "You're Hot"
Uh...not sure what that had to do with my Birthday, but thank you Hoops & Yoyo, awfully kind of you to sing so.


Then next, I got an ipad.  
Awesome so far, right?

agreed.






Followed by the kids showering me with fatty goodness.

Then, most curious of all...I got this:

Huh?? A Good Housekeeping Magazine? Sheesh. Have I been too lax lately in my domestic duties?  
(don't answer that, it was rhetorical.)

Okay, now I'm totally confused. Do they really expect me to 
'lose 42 pounds' while I'm sitting on the couch eating Oreo's, M&M's, and Dark Chocolate as I'm surfing the internet on my new iPad??

Really?

I'm hoping they didn't buy the magazine to subtly hint that I should embark upon a serious weight loss regimen.  There's a slight chance my family was just hoping I'd be making more easy summer dinners for less than $5 a serving. Or maybe it's my wrinkles or acne, or worse, my #1 clutter problem.

Yes, a Paradox of Presents.

All I'm sure of at this point is that Hoops & Yoyo think I'm hot.
And that's not bad at 42.


2 comments:

  1. Petersen's think your HOT too! ON FIRA! Don't fight it, just roll with it.

    Hey, 42 isn't bad except I can't stinkin' remember how old I am! I'm pretty sure you're younger than me but I can't remember by how much! Oh well, I'm just gonna believe that all women over 42 are HOT!

    Hope you had the best day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I'm guessing they bought that mag because it said "42" on it. Even if I'm wrong it's still better than the alternatives so, if I were you, I'd just stick to the 42 theory!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
This Blog Has Officially Been HaXed by Justin Skillman!!!